DVI colors all wrong with latest drivers - dvi.jpg (0/1)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Gary Quiring, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring Guest

    I still cannot upgrade to the latest Nvidia drivers after 6 months.

    My system is a GeForce 3 TI200 with a Dell 1900FP. I am using a KT400
    chipset, Athlon 2100XP, 1gig ram, Windows XP-SP1. I just tried the
    44.03 drivers. If I use the drivers from Microsoft Windows update they
    work fine.

    Anytime I download the latest drivers from Nvidia my display colors go
    all weird with the DVI interface. I have the Dell 1900 monitor
    profile loaded. I am running the native resolution for the monitor.
    I have also tried other resolutions, 16 bit mode and nothing changes.

    I have formatted the system, moved the monitor to a different system
    (GeForce 4/4200) and get the same results.

    I have enclosed a picture of my color problem.

    Thanks
    Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring Guest

    The drivers from MS don't work with programs like PinMAME. What I did
    not realize is the picture looks fine on a display that is working
    correctly.

    Gary Quiring, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Have you tried running "Plug and Play" monitor instead?

    /M

    Martin Eriksson, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring Guest

    Here is a link to a photo I took of what my colors look like. I
    removed the Dell 1900 driver but am not prompted to change the monitor
    now. The button is not active.

    http://emco4.emcosales.com/downloads/DVI-Problem.jpg

    Gary Quiring, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring Guest

    Ok I got the Plug&Play loaded, same problem.

    Gary Quiring, Jul 6, 2003
  6. Hi there Gray..I to had very simela probs as you on my old set up (MSI K7T
    PRO, GeForce4 440mx 64MB DDR TVOUT ECT ECT). When ever i downloaded latest
    drivers and installed them i had many probs (some like yours and others
    different from yours). I spent ages trying to be able to use latest nvidia
    drivers ( i did everything you can think of). Eventualy what solved the prob
    for me was flashing my bios and its couldnt be easyer with a MSI M/B when
    you use there util to do it..After flashing my bios i was able to use all
    latest updates from nvidia no probs @ all. I now have a MSI K7N2 DELTA and
    have no probs @ all in any way at all :) Hope this helps sort you out as
    theres nothing more anoying than being unable to use latest drivers
    (expecialy if your into gaming as i am, and also some of the money we pay
    for a video card goes towards driver updates anyway).

    Jez McAllister, Jul 6, 2003
  7. Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring Guest

    Finally solved my problem. Everything works great now with the latest
    44.03 drivers!!!

    My GeForce 3 card had bios 3.20.00.16.23. I found some interesting
    articles on Google with MANY Geforce 3 problems with DVI. I finally
    found some reference bios from Nvidia that did the trick. I am now
    running 3.20.00.18.

    Gary Quiring

    Gary Quiring, Jul 8, 2003
  8. Ok.. This is actually very nice to know.

    /M

    Martin Eriksson, Jul 8, 2003