    have the monitor to set to 60hz and have tried 75hz , but cannot see any
    improvement , is 75hz ment to be better , i figured it would be but was
    unsure.

    ScoopeX, Aug 3, 2006

  2. ScoopeX

    Garrot Guest

    I never noticed any improvement going from VGA to DVI, some people say
    they do see an improvemnt though (sharper text), YMMV. One thing though
    if you use DVI you will never have to adjust your screen as it will
    always be perfectly set at any resolution. On analog I sometimes had to
    adjust my screen because it would get shifted when adjusting resolution.
    Once all those settings are memorized by the monitor it makes no dif but
    using DVI you don't have to do that.
    If you run with vsync on in games, as you should do on an LCD, then
    setting it to 75hz will give you a max frame rate of 75fps instead of
    60fps in games. I've seen some hardcore online gamers say the mouse lags
    less at 75hz compared to 60hz too. It's up to you but I've always just
    set it to 60hz.

    Garrot, Aug 3, 2006

  3. ScoopeX

    ScoopeX Guest

    Thanks for the reply Garrot , i've just been out and purchased a suitable
    dvi cable , i've gone from a 10 year old 21 inch sony monitor to a 19 inch
    lcd , so i'm kinda still getting used to the size and the fact you have to
    be in the right postion for everything to look at its best , but i'm sure i
    shall get use to it , i was going to spend the extra and go for a 20inch
    viewsonic monitor , but they where twice as much as this monitor , Hanns-g
    191D and as we know in the world of p.c's give it say another 8 -12 months
    and i guess i will be able to be a 20inch monitor for the same price as this
    19 inch , so in fact getting two monitors for the price of 1.....but i'm
    happy with my purchase for the price its a good , 8ms 700 contrast and it
    looks good when playing games .

    Once again thank you for your reply......

    ScoopeX, Aug 3, 2006
  4. ScoopeX

    ScoopeX Guest

    Okay quick update , i've just attached the dvi cable and WOW the picture is
    sharper , brighter , clearer , i'd say a overall 20 % improvement , i'm
    impressed :)

    ScoopeX, Aug 3, 2006
  5. ScoopeX

    Garrot Guest

    Good, on my LCD I never noticed any difference.

    Garrot, Aug 4, 2006