DVI-I to BNC output doesn't work

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by K Dog, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. K Dog

    K Dog Guest

    Hi,

    I have a DVI-I to 5-BNC cable that I just ordered from a supplier.

    I plug it into the DVI-I output on my GF Ti4400 graphics card, and then plug
    the 5-BNC cable into my Philips 109P flatscreen CRT monitor which has 5-BNC
    inputs. VGA is input-A and 5-BNC is input-B. So I switch to input-B to see
    if it works.

    No signal from input-B (the BNC inputs). I get proper signal from input-A
    (the VGA input), but not from input-B!

    Can someone tell me if there is anything wrong? Is there anything that I can
    do to get output from the DVI-I?

    I've been using VGA output for two years but decided to switch to DVI-I
    because I believe it is better quality color picture.

    Thank you

    Regards
    KnD

    K Dog, Feb 5, 2004

  2. K Dog

    J. Clarke Guest

    There are at least two standard arrangments of BNC inputs in use on
    monitors, breaking out the signalling differently. Are you _sure_ the
    cable you are using is providing the correct signals and that you have the
    BNC cables plugged into the correct connectors? Also, are you sure that
    you are running at video settings that are supported on the BNC inputs?

    J. Clarke, Feb 5, 2004

  3. K Dog

    K Dog Guest

    Hi John

    My resolutions are set up as follows

    for DVI output

    640 x 480 x 60hz
    800 x 600 x 60hz
    1024 x 768 x 60hz

    for VGA output

    640 x 480 x 150hz
    800 x 600 x 140hz
    1024 x 768 x 120hz

    All BNC cables are plugged into the right inputs. (especially the H/V ones,
    I made sure they were plugged into in the right inputs).

    It's MaxCable version (DVI-I to 5-BNC), it mentions HDTV, DVD, and
    projectors on the back of the package I got it in.

    KnD

    K Dog, Feb 5, 2004
  4. K Dog

    ntl: Victim Guest

    What on earth makes you think that output from a digital connection to an
    analogue monitor will be any better than the vga output socket? The only
    time you will get to see the a true DVI-I output picture will be on a
    monitor that has a DVI-I input and a DV-I cable used...

    ntl: Victim, Feb 5, 2004