DVI Monitor "no signal" with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Thomas Bollinger, Sep 23, 2004.

  1. In the following article two users described the same problem I have,
    but no solution was posted:

    http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=d...k8374qa9c862l73gm3nt4tfh8054%404ax.com&rnum=2
    (or see these postings at the bottom of this post)

    In short:
    My computer shows no picture on my LCD Screen after the XP-Logo ("no
    signal" and standby), except when I uninstall all ATI drivers. This
    makes me unhappy since I bought this card because of several features
    (Video-Out) I want to use and only can be used with driver-software.

    Here is my configuration:
    OS: Windows XP SP2
    Motherboard: ASUS P4P800/GD
    Graphics: ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB
    Monitor: ACER LC1721

    This is what I have tried so far:
    - Installing drivers (Catalyst 4.8 and 4.9) - no DVI Monitor was
    detected and it can't be forced to do so or override its own
    assumption
    - Uninstalling all ATI Software - Monitor works but I have no access
    to the ATI features
    - Installing ACER Monitor-Driver - is always assigned to the analog
    interface, doesn't help

    I'd be greatful if somebody could tell me how to solve this issue so I
    can use the driver-software with my configuration in order to take
    advantage of the cards features.

    Thank you - Thomas Bollinger

    ---------------

    Von:Ryan Kunz ()
    Betrifft:Radeon 9600 Pro Crashes with DVI connection

    View this article only
    Newsgroups:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
    Datum:2004-01-01 18:24:45 PST

    I have a new machine with a Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB card which crashes
    when booting XP to a DVI-connected monitor. It boots fine with the
    VGA connector, or with dual-monitors attached. It occasionally (1 out
    of 6 times?) boots OK with the DVI.

    I have the latest BIOS, chipset drivers, XP updates, monitor drivers,
    and Radeon drivers installed. I've tried disabling Fast Write,
    reducing from 8x AGP to 4x AGP, and I've even tried a different power
    supply, and nothing seems to work.

    Any ideas?

    Here are my system details:

    Antech 380W TruePower 380S power supply (inc. w/Antec Sonata Piano
    Black case)
    Intel D875PBZ motherboard
    Intel P4 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB
    1GB (2x512MB) Dual-Channel DDR SDRAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB
    Dell 1800FP LCD Monitor
    3 HDDs
    1 DVD-ROM
    1 DVD+/-RW

    Thanks for any help you can give...
    -Ryan
    Beitrag 2 aus der Diskussionsgruppe
    Von:jewcifer ()
    Betrifft:Re: Radeon 9600 Pro Crashes with DVI connection

    View this article only
    Newsgroups:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
    Datum:2004-01-07 05:28:52 PST

    I have the exact same problem (sort of)...

    I had DVI working for the last 3 months from my 9600 to my mits
    nxm76lcd monitor. Then yesterday, gone! poof! Xp won't load at all
    with the drivers loaded for the card, it loads fine with "generic"
    drivers, but not the ATI drivers. My dual boot of Linux works fine,
    but XP, nothing, and I have no idea what happened. It works in XP with
    the VGA, but I miss my DVI...any help would be appreciated.

    Antech TruePower 330
    DIY Clear Case
    ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
    Intel P4 3.0G 800FSB
    1 GB Duak Channel DDR
    ATI Radeon Pro 128MB
    Mitsubishi NXM76LCD monitor
    4 HDD's
    1 Yamaha CD Burner
    1 NEC DVD+/-/RW

    Thanks for Ryan and myself,

    Michael
    Beitrag 3 aus der Diskussionsgruppe
    Von:jewcifer ()

    Newsgroups:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

    Thomas Bollinger, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Thomas Bollinger

    Paul Murphy Guest

    There's your problem - the monitor inf file should offer you a choice of
    Digital and Analog (assuming your monitor is the dual input type) - try
    getting the correct/updated drivers (more correctly called an inf file) for
    it and then install the ATI drivers etc.

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Paul, thanks for your input. If I get you right here is what I ought to do:
    - uninstall (clean-up) all ATI driver sofware
    - reinstall the acer.inf file (right click, install)
    - reinstall the drivers

    I'll try that and post my result, thank you

    Thomas Bollinger, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Thomas Bollinger

    Paul Murphy Guest

    Almost my intentions...

    Using the uninstall utility within add/remove programs and reboot afterwards
    (warning: the screen will look horrible when it gets back into windows -
    thats normal). That should be all thats required and I certainly wouldn't
    recommend things like editing the registry and manually deleting files.
    No - you need to check that this is the correct (and latest) inf file for
    your EXACT monitor first. The installation would best be performed AFTER the
    next step below (latest driver reinstall) and then a reboot but NOT by right
    clicking and selecting install. What you'll need to do is go into device
    manager and find the monitor (or whatever monitor is in there), go to its
    driver tab and update the driver to the latest correct one you have (Windows
    XP has that update driver button), ensuring you select the digital option if
    you have it connected that way.
    It would be a good idea (if not already occurred) to install the latest
    DirectX (9.0c) before installing the latest drivers. You can see what
    version of DirectX is on your machine by typing "dxdiag" (without the
    quotation marks) in the run box.
    Best wishes

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Oct 1, 2004