DVI & SVIDEO (can i use both??)

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Loopy Loo, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Loopy Loo

    Loopy Loo Guest

    Is it possible to use both DVI port (to LCD screen) and S VIDEO (to TV) and
    the same time?

    I originally set my pc up to run with a VGA monitor and TV on Svideo. All
    worked fine. I then removed the monitor (unfortunately chucked it) and
    replaced with a LCD monitor using the DVI port. (again all worked fine)

    I recently corrupted my drivers and had to reinstall - now S video seems
    disabled. I found this bit of info on a site:-When connecting the DVI-I
    output, the S-Video will be rendered inactive due to the fact that these
    connections share RAMDAC memory addresses on the video card. Only two
    configurations can be used with this particular setup: one CRT monitor
    (DB15) and one TV (S-Video), or one CRT Monitor (DB15) and one LCD (DVI-I or
    DB15 with DVI to VGA adapter).
    GEFORCE FX5200, XP HOME, AGP8X, NVDIA, TV ENCODER INTEGRATED(MV)

    Any help/advice much appreciated as I have been trying for 2 weeks to get
    TV out to work again. All drivers were reinstalled correctly (used a driver
    cleaner too) All leads and TV have been tested - I just cannot send a signal
    to the TV.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Loopy Loo, Apr 6, 2004