DVI to Component adaptor advice needed for a Media Centre PC.

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Jill haoulder, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. DVI to Component adaptor advice needed for a Media Centre PC.

    Ive got a Nvidia 6600 Gt Video card. And i want to connect it to my TV
    but the Tv only has componate connections no DVI.

    Anyway if i connect it like this would i get the same picture as if i
    connected it via DVI or HDMI or atleast alot better than Svideo and
    Rcas ??

    And if i had some of those MicroSoft HD 720p and 1080i Trailers and
    stuff would they be in realy HD on my TV ???

    /ps my Tv is fully 720p and 1080i compatible.

    Not sure if that would work. I was sure you neded DVi or HDMI to get
    true HD from a Disc or fromy oru Media PC harddisc ?>?>?

    Thanks for any help.

    Ive got an Abit NF7-s 2.0 :)
    Jill haoulder, Jun 8, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Jill haoulder

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Since your TV is 720 by 1080 and accepts video component inputs,
    feeding a component video input will be the best picture you can get.

    The term HD is nebulous. So by "true HD" do you mean the resolution
    of your TV? If so, you just need component video - which it has.

    Sounds like you need a nVidia video card with either NTSC (normal
    resolution) or component outputs (high resolution). I have not seen a
    DVI to component video converter, but then again, I haven't looked.
    You might check around and see if someone makes an SVGA to component
    adapter. Perhaps that will fill your needs.


    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    - HAL9000, Jun 8, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. ATI do one for their cards. Nvidia dont have one :()
    Jill haoulder, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Jill haoulder

    Stephen Guest

    Component video will be better.

    www.cyberguys.com has an adapter. Item #1212288.


    Stephen, Jun 9, 2005
  5. I have DIn cable or somthing that has Compoate connections has Svideo
    and composite on it as well. Ill try componate.

    Will the componate do HD ??? if i play a 1080i movie on my pc will it
    be show in 1080i on my TV and my Tv is widscreen and 1080i FULLY

    Jill haoulder, Jun 9, 2005
  6. Jill haoulder

    Stephen Guest

    For HD you need to use the component video input on the tv. Composite
    & svideo are SD.

    You should be able to get 1080i, it'll be a setting on the adapter I
    referenced along with the appropriate pc screen resolution. I don't
    have that adapter, I use a Grandtec Grand Hi-Vision II convertor.


    Stephen, Jun 10, 2005
  7. Jill haoulder

    - HAL9000 Guest


    So older HDTVs had component video inputs and newer HDTVs have HDmi
    inputs? And the idea behind HDmi connectors is that you can have
    adaptors so that you can input 1) component, 2) composite, 3) DVI-D
    into the TV? Or, am I off base?

    - HAL9000, Jun 10, 2005
  8. Jill haoulder

    Stephen Guest

    I have a 43" Hitachi rear projection with component, svideo and
    composite. At the time of purchase, DVI was only on the high end TVs.

    From what I've read HDMI is basically a DVI connection with audio.
    www.cyberguys.com has adapters for HDMI<->DVI.


    Stephen, Jun 11, 2005
  9. I got a cable with my Vidocard a DIN. It has Din to Componate with
    the three cables. Illt ry that and see what the picture is like an dif
    it is HD ill be happy :)

    But i think ill try to get a DVI to Componate adaptor just to see if
    that gives an deven better picture. As my TV dont have DVI or Hdmi i
    just want the best possible picutre i can get to force me not to
    upgrade my TV :)

    Jill haoulder, Jun 11, 2005
  10. Jill haoulder

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Ok, thanks much...

    - HAL9000, Jun 11, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.