    I'm wondering if you can run off AC while there is no battery
    installed, and if so, has anyone come across covers for the
    battery compartment?

    User N, Nov 5, 2006

  2. User N

    Tom Scales Guest

    Yes and no.

    Tom Scales, Nov 5, 2006

  3. User N

    Jay B Guest

    the best cover for the battery compartment is a dead battery

    Jay B, Nov 5, 2006
  4. User N

    User N Guest

    Speaking of which, can anyone confirm/deny that the E1505 battery
    is the same as that used in the 6000? Based on some pictures I found
    they appear to be physically interchangeable, which is all I would care
    about (I'd gut it).

    User N, Nov 5, 2006
  5. User N

    Tom Scales Guest

    I would be surprised if they were not. Seems like the only difference is
    the motherboard.

    I know the I6000 and I9300 are the same.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Nov 6, 2006
  6. User N

    BillW50 Guest

    If the laptop sees the dead battery as no battery, I would agree. If it
    sees the dead battery as a weak battery and keeps trying to charge it,
    then it causes a lot of heat which I wouldn't want.

    BillW50, Nov 6, 2006
  7. User N

    Jay B Guest

    i agree re the heat.
    its easy to snap open the dead battery, and cut 2 wires, and close it
    back up. i've done this with a latitude c640 battery. in fact hollow it
    out so it doesnt add weight.

    Jay B, Nov 6, 2006
  8. User N

    User N Guest

    Come to think of it we should probably remind people including ourselves
    that some batteries don't react too well to trauma and/or short circuits ;-)
    I know I'd be carefull as hell messing with a Li-Ion pack, even if it appears
    dead for you don't really know whether the protection circuitry has kicked
    open, leaving plenty of charge in there. I'd be just as carefull with other
    types of batteries.

    User N, Nov 7, 2006