    what is the actual real life speed difference between E2220 1M L2 (2.2Ghz)
    vs E4500 2M L2 (2.2Ghz) for development, for multiple application?,

    which has hardware virtual tech assist for MS Virtual server?

    Guest, Apr 8, 2008

  2. Guest

    Nate Edel Guest

    wrote:
    > what is the actual real life speed difference between E2220 1M L2 (2.2Ghz)
    > vs E4500 2M L2 (2.2Ghz) for development, for multiple application?,
    >
    > which has hardware virtual tech assist for MS Virtual server?

    Some steppings of the E4500 support VT, but not all do.
    The E2220 does not support VT.

    I'm not aware of any benchmarks comparing the E4500 to the E2220, but here
    are some comparing the E2160 to the E4300 (similar except both 1.8ghz
    instead of 2.2ghz)

    http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=883&model2=882&chart=424

    --
    Nate Edel http://www.cubiclehermit.com/