    own data, so to speak. Any help would be greatly appreciated, than
    you!

    Cha

    RockBochs, Jan 16, 2007

  2. 1. At the "ok" prompt, type "probe-fcal-all". You should get
    more info about your boot disk, which is probably defunct, given
    the error message you report.

    2. Of course it is possible to replace the boot disk and recover
    the data. You could even boot from CD and get it to a state
    where you could copy the data from the disks to another system,
    but this would be more trouble than reinstalling the operating
    system.

    David B. Chorlian, Jan 16, 2007

  3. RockBochs

    coffeyp Guest

    Reinstall the OS after replacing the defective boot disk. If each
    drive has its own data, no raid, I'm assuming you had the drives
    mounted to individual mount points. The data should still be on the
    drives and you can simply mount them under the new os.

    coffeyp, Jan 19, 2007