E7525 chipset in supermicro x6dae-g2 mobo?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alex Lazarevich, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. I've got the x6dae-g2 mobo, trying to install windows XP Pro (original
    release) onto it, and the install goes fine (as long as I disable ACPI
    in the bios), but the chipset drivers do not install correctly, and no
    PCI
    device can be recognized by the system. The actual error in the system
    device list is:

    The following devices cannot start due to the error listed below:
    1) Intel E7525... PCI Express Root Port B0 - 3597
    2) Intel E7525... PCI Express Root Port A0 - 3595
    3) Intel E7525... PCI Express Root Port A1 - 3596
    "Your computers firmware does not include enough information to
    properly
    configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your
    computer
    manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update (Code 35)"

    I'm guessing it's bad chipset drivers. I've tried the drivers off the
    supermicroCD, as well as the newer drivers (6.0.1.1002) from
    supermicro, but neither work. I also tried SP1 and SP2, but the
    problem is exactly the same.

    I've already narrowed it down to a mobo problem, there are no other
    devices in the system, and everything else is known-good. It's
    definately a problem between XP and the mobo.

    Anyone else have this problem and know of a fix?

    Anyone else install XP Pro onto this mobo without any problem? Has
    anyone installed XP Pro onto the Intel SE7525GP2? I'm thinking about
    chucking the supermicro and getting the Intel. Or is this a general
    problem with XP Pro and the E7520 chipset?

    Thanks in advance,

    Alex

    Alex Lazarevich, Sep 1, 2004

  2. In case anyone else sees this problem, the fix is to make certain ACPI
    is enabled in the BIOS, and make certain to install XP Pro that has a
    slipstreamed SP1 or SP2 in it. XP Pro original release will crash
    (pci.sys) during setup. Disabling ACPI fixes that crash but causes the
    other problems mentioned below.

    Alex

    Alex Lazarevich, Sep 2, 2004