    The problem I have is that the laptop is running at 450 MHz while the
    mounted CPU is a 550 MHz one.

    Thx a lot

    Alpigo, Sep 1, 2009

  2. Alpigo

    metronid Guest

    So you need to kick your bus up from 75MHZ to 100 at 6x
    multiplication.
    Did you run Sandra Sisoft to see what the bus speed is and the core
    voltage.

    I am assuming that this motherboard has not been screwed with .
    I believe the core is designed to work on 2.0 volts but will also run
    on 2.1

    I am assuming since it is 450 it is running 75 at 6x
    I am just thinking the switches are at 6x and maybe the proper
    voltage.

    You did explore the bios and look for a option to change bus speed.
    If it is an award bios it has a great chance of just being the bus
    setting in the
    bios.

    I am currently looking at the switches on othe MB's and seeing how
    they look.

    If it is in the switches I doubt there is a setting for more than 6X
    I also doubt you will get more than 2.2 volts
    The bus and multiplier settings are usually 2 switch involvement.

    I do not see where you can go wrong but you will have to
    run sandra each time or look at the cpu number on boot.
    You could experiment with a very small degree of danger

    metronid, Sep 18, 2009

  3. Alpigo

    metronid Guest

    Also you will not get that much more running 500 vs 450
    It is not like 550/450==22% increase
    Does not happen that way.

    metronid, Sep 18, 2009