    My cpu fan options are not highlighted in smart fan can anyone tell me why
    this is. Do I have to have a compatible cpu cooler and fan? I'm using Intel
    stock cooling if that's any help.

    Mr_Reece, Jun 16, 2004

  2. My cpu fan options are not highlighted in smart fan can anyone tell me why
    The CPU cooler must have a speed sensor. Without that the bios doesn't
    know the current speed.

    Here with Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro the CPU Cooler runs at 3300upm at 30°C
    and goes up in 4 steps to 5800upm at 50°C.

    Moritz

    Moritz Kürten, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Mr_Reece

    news.onet.pl Guest

    Well, I do have a speed sensor ( the connector is a 3 pin plug), and the
    BIOS shows the currennt CPU Fan speed, and all hardware monitoring software
    show the same.
    But still in the Easytune4 Smart Fan the only available option is to control
    the NorthBridge fan (works fine).
    The left section with the CPU Fan speed settings is disabled and
    inactive...I have the option in BIOS enabled but that does not seem to make
    any difference..
    Any suggestions please?

    Mike

    news.onet.pl, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Mr_Reece

    Jim Kent Guest

    The CPU fan on my Rev2 8KNXP runs at 2250 RPM no matter what. It's
    the Intel retail HSF that comes with the 3.06GHz processor and has a
    speed sensor of the standard two pulses/rev. The speed shows up in
    the BIOS settings, and the 'smart fan' option is offered. Setting to
    enabled or disabled makes no visible difference in fan speed under any
    conditions. Intel's specifications for this product say only that
    this is a variable-speed fan, but make no mention of what speed it's
    supposed to run at. I have a feeling that 2250 is the lowest speed,
    and its inability to run faster is causing the processor to heat up
    more than necessary. Can anyone verify how their Intel retail HSF
    works on their board? Does anyone with the 8KNXP have correct
    variable-speed operation of their HSF?

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 22, 2004