    I wish PCs would start to use dd5.1 or DTS for games like the X Box does!!
    Are there any I don't know about??

    Neil

    Neil Deadman, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Neil Deadman

    Odie Ferrous Guest

    My solution was to use 2 amps and 2 sets of speakers.

    One amp for the front speakers, the other for the rear.

    Nowhere near Dolby surround, but very nice sounds nevertheless.

    Odie

    Odie Ferrous, Jun 28, 2003

  3. Neil Deadman

    Phil Guest

    I wish PCs would start to use dd5.1 or DTS for games like the X Box does!!
    The NVIDIA NForce 2s (and possibly the originals?) use Soundstorm Audio
    containing the DICE (Dolby Interactive Content Encoder) which is infact the
    same audio chip as used in the XBOX to give full 5.1 DD audio over s/pdif. I
    believe there is also a P4 mobo from ASUS that offers the same sort of audio
    solution, but I'm not 100% on that one. One thing I do know is that I've
    never come across a PCI card with this feature.

    If only I knew this when I bought my cut down A7N8X-X :-(

    Phil, Aug 6, 2004
  4. Neil Deadman

    Phil Guest

    LOL, I just noticed how old this thread is...

    Phil, Aug 6, 2004