    rebuild my system. Does anyone know whether I can install high
    density memory chips on this type of systemboard, or do I have to
    stick to low density memory chips?

    Chuck, Mar 3, 2008

  2. Chuck

    a1eah71 Guest

    Try the following link for the manual of the L4VXA2.

    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Do...ual&DetailDesc=&CategoryID=1&MenuID=6&LanID=0

    a1eah71, Mar 3, 2008

  3. Chuck

    Paul Guest

    Crucial seems to think there are a number of different options.
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=L4VXA2

    If you buy proper branded RAM, it is more likely to be
    interchangeable between different computers. And also easier
    to sell, with a clear conscience later.

    I would not buy those 1GB DDR sticks from Ebay, as the high
    density RAM cannot be used on Intel chipsets. If you resell
    the Ebay RAM later, don't forget to list the "restricted chipset"
    list in your advertisement. So-called reputable Ebay sellers
    include that list, as a warning that the RAM is not universally
    compatible. DIMMs made with 64Mx8 chips are more likely to
    work on all motherboards, than the DIMMs made with 128Mx4 chips.

    I have two computers here with 2x512MB and so far, have
    resisted the urge to upgrade. Check in Task Manager, and
    see if you are really running short of memory. An upgrade
    might not be necessary, and you can save the money and use
    it to buy your next computer. Since DDR2 memory is cheaper
    than DDR, you'll be able to get a greater quantity of
    memory with your next computer.

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 3, 2008