ECS Elitegroup G551 (= Yakumo Q7M Mobilium XD) Notebook BIG PROBLEMS !!!

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Hubert, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. Hubert

    Hubert Guest

    Hi there,

    i really hope that someone can help me out of trouble....

    Since May 2003 I have a Yakumo Q7M Mobilium XD Notebook. I found out that
    this
    notebook is built by ECS Elitegroup with model no. G551.

    Now my problem:

    - I have the Multifunction PCMCIA-Card "ComOne MC220 Platinum (4in1) ISDN"
    - Windows XP Home incl. SP1 is installed (fresh install)

    <This happens with ACPI-HAL installed>
    When i insert the card in the slot and check the hardware in the
    hardware-manager of XP, then the card has a "!" in a yellow circle and i can
    see "Code 12: There are not enough free resources available". Whatever I
    change in the resources-tab is without success. The card is NEVER running.

    <This happens with Standard-PC HAL>
    When i insert the card in the slot and check the hardware in the
    hardware-manager of XP, then ALL devices AND subdevices are up and running
    EXCEPT all USB-Ports !
    There is NO Code 12 Errormessage...

    Is it possible that the BIOS of this notebook is too old (I got the notebook
    in May 2003) ? During the P.O.S.T. i could see "ACPI 1.0 compatible".....
    (i'm not absolutely sure about this...).

    If this BIOS is too old, where can i get a newer one and how do i have to
    install it on my laptop........there is NO internal floppy-diskdrive ! So I
    can't boot from a floppy. I think it must be done with a bootable CD, or is
    this wrong ?

    Any help is welcome !!!! I'm very thankfull for any hint
    Many thanks

    Hubert

    Hubert, Sep 12, 2003