    Can I use AMD XP Tbred CPU with this MB.

    Thanks

    Hai Pham

    Hai Pham, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Hai Pham

    OldfartJC Guest

    I have a Rev. 3.1 ECS K75SA in my spare computer and use a 1700+ TBred and
    it works great.

    OldfartJC, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Hai Pham

    Buffalo Guest

    Yes, the K7S5a MB, when it works, will handle any XP processor that runs at
    a FSB of 133Mhz. (XPs that are advertised to run at 266MHz only use a FSB or
    133MHz)

    "Hai Pham" <.

    Buffalo, Jul 11, 2003
  4. Hai Pham

    Doughnut Guest

    Just built a system with this board for a friend and the box say's upto a
    2600XP T/Bred 266fsb model though, if your board is an older one you may
    need a bios upgrade.

    Cheers
    doughnut

    Doughnut, Jul 11, 2003
  5. Hai Pham

    Gaidheal Guest

    Yes, if you really want to. They handle any Athlon that can be run at
    133Mhz FSB. Which is basically anything these days. The board does have a
    few known issues, but was blazingly fast for its generation. See the above
    thread for a discussion of the known CMOS/BIOS fault. And yes, you might
    need to update the BIOS if you have an earlier revision, depending on which
    XP you put in.

    Gaidheal, Jul 11, 2003