    I get nothing but a blank screen and the computer doesn't boot....

    Any ideas?
    Thanks

    Marky Mark, Sep 12, 2003

  2. Marky Mark

    Wes Newell Guest

    This sounds right. The multiplier is 11x and the default FSB for that
    board is 100MHz. 11x100=1100MHz or 1.1GHz.
    What do you mean by you can't boot your HD? Does the macnine post at
    11x133MHz? It should. You should also be able to get into the bios. If you
    have problems booting Windows, that's another problem. I don't do windows
    so maybe someone else can help if you tell them what version you're
    running.

    As far 166MHz FSB, that's another story. I've heard none of these boards
    will boot with 166MHz fsb although you can get it to 166MHz after boot
    with some software. The 735 chipset doesn't officially support a 166MHz
    FSB either and I don't know what effect it has on the memory bus> maybe
    some with that board can answer these questions.

    If you can get the machine to post and run with a 133MHz, then you could
    change the default multiplier on the cpu to let's say 15 and run it at
    2000MHz fairly easy, or maybe 16x for 2133Mhz. Modifying the default
    multiplier is easy IMO.

    Wes Newell, Sep 12, 2003