    bought a 160GB WD, and read here that my K7S5A won't support it, so I'm
    thinking of a cheap upgrade to the L7S7A2. Thanks!
    --Richard

    RSMilward, Sep 24, 2006

  2. On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:31:17 GMT, RSMilward <>
    wrote:

    >Does the BIOS in the ECS L7S7A2 support drives bigger than 137GB? I've
    >bought a 160GB WD, and read here that my K7S5A won't support it, so I'm
    >thinking of a cheap upgrade to the L7S7A2. Thanks!
    >--Richard

    I'm using an 80 and a 160 Gb drives with my L7S7A2.
    --

    Julian Richards

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

    Julian Richards, Sep 24, 2006

  3. RSMilward

    tcsenter Guest

    RSMilward wrote:
    > Does the BIOS in the ECS L7S7A2 support drives bigger than 137GB? I've
    > bought a 160GB WD, and read here that my K7S5A won't support it...

    ECS K7S5A versions 1.1 through 5.0 with the latest BIOS support up to
    250GB according to ECS support FAQ. A few persons have reported using
    160GB and 200GB drives successfully. SIS 735 supports 48-bit LBA when
    enabled by the BIOS.

    Regards,

    Tim

    tcsenter, Sep 24, 2006
  4. RSMilward

    RSMilward Guest

    Tim,
    Great! Thanks so much for the info, I wasn't able to find that.
    --Richard

    RSMilward, Sep 25, 2006
  5. RSMilward

    RSMilward Guest