ECS P4M900T-M won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Martin Brewer, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. Hello, I have just installed a ECS P4M900T-M board and can't get it to boot.
    Had to go back to my old system with the motherboard out of the case for a
    temp computer until I figure this out. After I got the board in, of course
    there is something else that you have to buy. So I went and got a Antec 500w
    power supply to work with 24 pins for the board. I am getting nothing on the
    screen. Everything is set to default on the board.

    I am running a duo core e6300 Intel processor with 2 gigs of Kingston ddr2
    667 5300 memory. Everything else is coming right off the board.

    Funnything happens when I plug in the aux 12v plug in the middle of the
    board, after about 30 seconds, it will shut off the whole system. If I leave
    it unplugged it will keep running. So I am thinking that maybe I just a bad
    board or a power supply. All the fans and everthing else works, but nothing
    on the screen. Anyone have a starting poing that I can start here from?

    I have done a few systems so this isn't my first one. But kinda of stumped
    here.

    thanks,

    martinbr

    Martin Brewer, Jan 2, 2008