ECS PT800CE-A restart problem? (can't turn off the computer)

Discussion in 'ECS' started by AJ, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. AJ

    AJ Guest

    I recently bought ECS PT800CE-A and have installed the motherboard
    with P4 3.2GHz Prescott (FSB800) CPU. Everything is running smoothly.
    Windows XP has been installed. My only problem so far is that I am
    unable to turn off the computer from Windows XP shut-down procedure.
    It went automatically shut-down but immediately restart. I tried to
    hold the power button for a few seconds. The computer seems to be off,
    but immediately restart again. The only way I can turn off the
    computer is to turn the power supply off. I have done:

    1. clear CMOS
    2. removed the battery to completely re-set the M/B

    things are still the same. The WORST, even I unplug the "power switch"
    connector from the M/B, the M/B can still start by itself. Does anyone
    experience the same problem? Thanks!

    AJ

    AJ, Jun 5, 2005