    need to put his old service tag into this bios. Does anyone have or know of
    the files required to do this?

    Thanks

    Jabull, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Jabull

    S.Lewis Guest

    I believe you'll want to call Dell with the service tag of the 4000. I
    believe they have an internal utility (svctag.exe v3.0, from what I've read)
    that can wipe the old service tag.

    Even if they are able to do it, I'm not sure they will with the board change
    ("unsupported hardware", etc.), but it might be worth a try.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 8, 2004