    change for this model ? My main grief for my 701 is the SSD size
    (1 or 2 Gb more would be great).

    Regards

    Xavier Maillard, Aug 19, 2008

  2. Xavier Maillard

    BillW50 Guest

    Did you know there is an 8GB SSD version of the 701? Well it is really
    called the 702 I believe. 4GB is good enough for me. Although I also
    have 16GB SDHC on my two 701.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway Celeron M 370 (1.5GHZ)

    BillW50, Aug 19, 2008

  3. Xavier Maillard

    Gary Guest

    There are so many models, it's hard to keep up!

    Like you, I'm contemplating upgrading from a 701, mainly because of the
    screen size.

    I feel the 901 is a little too heavy for my tastes, I don't like the 901's
    wifi card either (no packet injection capabilities available as yet, if
    ever), the 900A seemed to be the best choice for me, until I read this:
    http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2008/08/asus-eee-pc-900a-some-good-news-and.html
    http://jkkmobile.blogspot.com/2008/08/asus-eee-pc-900a-more-bad-news.html

    The change of battery type is a major annoyance in my view, so I'll think
    I'll wait a little longer to see what transpires.

    Gary, Aug 27, 2008