    Atom N270 - RAM 1 GB - HDD 16 GB SSD - WLAN : 802.11b/g/n (draft),
    Bluetooth 2.0 - Win XP Home - 10.1" Widescreen TFT 1024 x 600
    ( WSVGA ) - Camera - White

    spasmous, Dec 30, 2009

  2. This pocket PC was first designed for Linux. Perhaps half the SSD
    space is left unformatted (vacant pending installation of Linux).
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348 describes the WinXP
    utilities for partitioning a (hard) drive and creating new logical drives.
    But if yours is a new purchase the vendor ought to able to answer
    your question.

    Don Phillipson, Dec 30, 2009

  3. It's possible, of course, that you were "taken".

    Open Computer Management (in "Administrative Tools" ... which is hidden
    by default), then "Disk Management" and see if the space shows up. If
    it's not there (doesn't show up in Disk Management (which shows physical
    drives) .... it likely doesn't exist.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 30, 2009
  4. spasmous

    spasmous Guest

    Thanks Barry. I went to Disk Management and there were 2 x 8Gb drives.
    When I clicked on the empty one a menu opened with the option to make
    partition. I said yes and it went to work. Now the D: drive has
    appeared and all appears to be well :)

    spasmous, Jan 2, 2010