    Installing an additional or alternative software utility is no
    problem.

    Thank you.

    John Doe, Mar 20, 2006

  2. John Doe

    John Russell Guest

    Profiles and Hotkeys! Big tabs for these at the top of the CCC, well there
    are on mine and I'm set up with it as an Expert User.

    My preference is for Powerstrip. That way I don't have to change how I do it
    everytime I change make of card!

    John Russell, Mar 20, 2006

  3. John Doe

    fleet Guest

    I'm using CCC drivers right now to adjust brightness, contrast and gamma
    but the problem with CCC is that many games set it back to default and
    when I exit the game CCC doesn't readjust until I restart the computer.
    I found using ATI Tray Tools much better for this, similar to how
    Powerstrip works except it is free and also allows you to apply any
    color profile to a game too. Think I'll have to go back to using ATI
    Tray Tools as CCC color settings is just not working too well for me due
    to resetting back to default when exiting some games. Get ATI Tray Tools
    here.

    www.guru3d.com

    fleet, Mar 20, 2006
  4. John Doe

    Pluvious Guest

    ATI Tool has this feature as well.

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Mar 20, 2006
  5. John Doe

    William Guest

    I've got two monitors. One is a Samsung SyncMaster 910v, and the other is a
    Samsung SyncMaster 914v. I've been trying to get the two to look the same
    for a month. I've got them hooked up to a x850.

    910v is 1 year old, is warmer in temperature, 800to1 contrast ratio. The
    914v is 1 month old, is cold in temperature, 600to1 contrast ratio.

    I first used ATI CC to balance them out. Not a good idea, CC kicks in
    during boot-up, and is messed up when exiting games. I then installed the
    software that came with the monitors that set levels in the monitor
    directly, called "Magic Tune". Got 95% balanced. Then used ATI CC to do
    some gamma touch-up work. Their is still some imbalance in the blue game
    that I can't seem to get straight between them. I'm going to let the new
    monitor break in for a few more months and do a once over again.

    Bill

    William, Mar 21, 2006