    stock fan and the case open.

    Is there any hope of getting this unlocked or should I just be greatful the KT7 runs it
    at all?

    Jim Smyth, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Jim Smyth

    Amir Facade Guest

    Unless you have a KT7 'A', you are stuck with the 1500mHz. The multiplier is
    locked at 15 and the FSB is assumed to be 133.

    ---
    Bill Clinton is getting $12 million for his memoirs.
    His wife Hillary got $8 million for hers.
    That's $20 million for memories from two people who for eight years
    repeatedly testified, under oath, that they couldn't remember anything.
    God Bless America!

    Amir Facade, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Jim Smyth

    Wes Newell Guest

    Try setting the FSB back to 100 and then use the FSB Plus setting. I can
    get 16 here for a total of 116MHz FSB. That would give you 1740MHz.
    I haven't seen one of the new internally locked cpu's but I doubt you'll
    be able to unlock it. You could try changing the default multiplier with
    the L3 bridges, but I don't know if that will work either. And if there
    are no laser cuts on the L3 bridges now, it's sure not to work. The really
    sad part about a locked 2400+ is that the 15 multiplier isn't really good
    for a higher FSB. I doubt it would work reliably at 15x166 (2500MHz). If
    you can find someone with a KT7A and an older 2400+ that was unlocked,
    both of you would benefit with a swap. You'd get the upper multipliers,
    and the KT7A (or any other KT133A chipset board) would be able to run it
    at 133Mhz FSB easily. There plenty here with the KT7A that might want to
    swap if you ask. Even a 2100+ B core would work for you as long as it
    wasn't locked.

    Wes Newell, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Jim Smyth

    Jim Smyth Guest

    Wes, how stable would you expect that to be? (116) I use this for work related stuff,
    not games, so stability is primary. I know I could just experiment with that on a ghosted
    drive :).

    Jim Smyth, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Jim Smyth

    Wes Newell Guest

    It runs stable here. All I can say is test it and see. Might want to set
    your ram to Hostclk only. I left mine at Hstclk+PCI, but I've got PC150
    ram. I don't know if the 16 gets added to the memory bus or not. Din't
    matter to me.

    Wes Newell, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Jim Smyth

    Selle Guest

    Just got myself a week43 and yes, it is locked at 15x. Runs pretty well and
    surprising cooler at 43C on KT7A V1.0 @2000. Guess the only way up is via
    the FSB.

    Selle, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Jim Smyth

    Job60 Guest

    got my 2400 @2145 MHZ on a KG-7R cant get at the multplier, A little fearful
    to try the wire trick? is there a fool proof method?
    IT wont run stable over 145 FSB
    [email protected]

    Job60, Dec 6, 2003
  8. Jim Smyth

    Jim Smyth Guest

    Looks stable at 116 and mem set at Hstclk. Got some errors with Hstclk+PCI as you
    suggested. So looks like I split the diff between 2000 and 1500. Still a good 100%
    improvement over the 900 in performance. For the small cost, I'm satisfied. Everyone,
    thanks for the tips.

    Jim Smyth, Dec 7, 2003