    Currently using Solaris 8, will updating to 10 fix this?

    Thanks

    jao

    jao-a248, May 31, 2007

  2. jao-a248

    jao-a248 Guest

    Sorry - that should be Expert3D Lite, I already have the Elite3D m3
    fitted, and am looking to replace it with an Expert3D Lite.

    Thanks

    jao-a248, May 31, 2007

  3. jao-a248

    Paul Gress Guest

    Yes, all the graphics drivers should be in Solaris 10. Also, I'm not
    sure about the relative speed of the Elite3D_M3 vs Expert3D, but the
    Elite3D-M6 I would consider faster. Look at this graphics chart:

    http://www.sun.com/technical-computing/ISV/PTCFaq.html#GRAPHPERF

    Next, for what it's worth. I won't guarantee it to work on Solaris 8,
    but if your going to install Solaris 10 it might be worth a try. This
    is the link to the latest Sparc Graphics drivers:

    http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/sparc_graphics/

    Paul

    Paul Gress, Jun 1, 2007
  4. jao-a248

    jao-a248 Guest

    Paul,

    Thanks for the info - that was really helpfull.

    jao.

    jao-a248, Jun 1, 2007
  5. jao-a248

    Hank Zoeller Guest