    quality is sufficient? I'm torn between this laptop, and a Toshiba p25 (love
    their audio)... does the emachines use any special type of sound chip? or is
    their audio the same tinny quality as every1 elses?

    Anjonez, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Anjonez

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Anjonez wrote:

    > Dilemma. I want one of these machines, but I'm a big stickler about speaker
    > quality. Does any1 have either of these laptops, and fill us in if the audio
    > quality is sufficient? I'm torn between this laptop, and a Toshiba p25 (love
    > their audio)... does the emachines use any special type of sound chip? or is
    > their audio the same tinny quality as every1 elses?

    I haven't compared sound on many laptops, it wasn't a priority for me,
    but I do have an M6805. The one thing that I actually don't care for on
    this model is that the speakers are on the front of the laptop (below
    your wrists) pointing slightly downwards. If that part of the machine
    is on a table, the sound will reflect up and sound pretty good, but if
    not, the sound is kind of distant and echo-y. The sound out of the
    headphone port, through good speakers, is excellent.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Jan 31, 2004