    Secure Digital (SD), ...) readers of the Emachines M6807 work on linux
    2.6.7-r11?
    What program is needed to read and write to the SD and CF?

    TCMa, Sep 20, 2004

  2. I don't know if its the same unit as used in my Mitac clone, but if it is, then
    we have a problem. Its made by a company called Ene (look at lspci -v) who
    apparently refuse to release any information about the interface or even Linux
    binary drivers, and ignore all e-mails!

    From what I gather, quite a few machines now use this interface....

    Looks like we're going to have to wait until someone reverse engineers it.....

    Peter Christy, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Oh, this sounds like an excellent candidate for the Incompatibility
    List (see URL below). If you don't feel like adding it yourself, do
    send me as much information as possible (lspci, etc) and I'll put it
    there myself.

    Thanks!
    --
    David N. Welton
    Personal: http://dedasys.com/davidw/

    David N. Welton, Sep 20, 2004
  4. OK, here's the details:

    lspci -v:

    00:09.1 FLASH memory: ENE Technology Inc: Unknown device 0510
    Subsystem: Mitac: Unknown device 8355
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 18
    I/O ports at e000
    Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2

    lspci -n:

    00:09.1 Class 0501: 1524:0510

    You might also want to include the wlan device from the same computer. Its an
    Agere mini pci 0508 card that appears to use the Hermes 2 chipset. The Orinoco
    drivers don't support it. Agere have published a driver for it, but it only
    works (badly) on kernel 2.4. It won't compile under 2.6 at all.

    The Agere 7.20 doesn't compile (for me, anyway) and the 7.18 ones work, but
    only up to a point (no dhcp for example), and fill the logs with rubbish!

    lspci -v:

    00:0a.0 Network controller: Lucent Microelectronics: Unknown device ab34
    Subsystem: Askey Computer Corp.: Unknown device 7007
    Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 19
    I/O ports at e080

    lspci -n:

    00:0a.0 Class 0280: 11c1:ab34

    Peter Christy, Sep 21, 2004
  5. [ Not sub'ed to this group - please CC me in replies. Thanks! ]

    Added here:

    http://leenooks.com/193
    Added here:

    http://leenooks.com/194

    Thanks! Please do add any details that you can.

    --
    David N. Welton
    Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

    David N. Welton, Sep 21, 2004
  6. TCMa

    TCMa Guest

    The emachines m6807 media reader can read compact flash by:
    mkdir /mnt/flash
    mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash
    ls /mnt/flash

    TCMa, Sep 29, 2004