email I sent to Nvidia that has not been replied to

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Scotter, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. Scotter

    Scotter Guest

    Hi -

    I'm running one of your 5950ultra cards and I love it.
    I'm also in the market for the 6800 when it arrives.
    I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter so that I can be informed when new
    drivers come out.
    However, lately, I've become overly conscious of spam for obvious reasons.
    So I took a trip to your privacy policy page and read it.

    While it says you are "... not in the business of selling information about
    our customers or visitors to our website...", the last phrase of the
    following paragraph, which says, "...they too can offer you useful
    information and special offers...", to me means you can still do so
    ("provide information" to "other companies") if you want. I think the only
    way I would sign up for your newsletter is if you changed this paragraph in
    your privacy policy to more clearly state that you absolutely will not share
    anyone's email address with any company... OR... if you were to put a
    checkbox next to the input text field where you ask for email address and if
    that checkbox is checked, the email address given is guaranteed safe from
    being handed out to anyone outside your company for any reason. Here is the
    paragraph I'm talking about:

    We are not in the business of selling information about our customers or
    visitors to our website. We may, however, share information with select
    partners working with us to deliver better graphics and multimedia
    capabilities. We work with other companies throughout the design,
    manufacturing, integration, delivery, support, and servicing process, and
    may provide information we have collected to them to assist in improving
    their processes and so that they too can offer you useful information and
    special offers.

    I'm eager to hear from you about this. I am a loyal Nvidia customer who
    would love to put my fear of spam aside and subscribe to your newsletter.

    Sincerely,

    Scotter, Jun 25, 2004