Embedded ADSL router and Speed touch 330 ADSL modem

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Fibre Optic, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Fibre Optic

    Fibre Optic Guest

    Hello,

    I am working on my embedded ADSL router and I have problem with
    downloading firmware of the modem. The dmsg command says as follows:
    speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: looking for speedtch-1.bin.2
    speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: looking for speedtch-1.bin
    speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: no stage 1 firmware found!

    I have already mounted usbdevfs (/proc/bus/usb), the lsusb command says
    that I have connected the ADSL modem. I put firmware (two files
    extracted from ZZZL_3.012 file provided by Alcatel) into the following
    directory:
    /lib/firmaware

    Could someone of you explain me how to download firmware of ADSL modem
    in to it? In perfect situation I am looking for way to use kernel
    2.6.17.3 + with enabled Speed Touch 330 driver without hotplug scripts.

    How Linux kernel tries to download the firmware?

    Best Regards,
    FO

    Fibre Optic, Jul 5, 2006