    Thanks !

    Robert Lacoste - ALCIOM
    http://www.alciom.com

    Robert Lacoste, Sep 15, 2003

  2. I'm looking for an embedded processor board or module with an on-board LCD
    www.revely.com RMS101 - the LH79520 can handle 800x600 color LCDs.
    Not *explicitly* ported to the RMS101, but the '520 can of course run
    ARM-Linux. The board has a little on-board NOR flash (bootable) and an
    MMC slot for storage.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Thanks Lewin, but this one doesn't seems to support direct connection to LCD
    panels (I mean without VGA to LCD circuitry in the LCD...). What I need is
    ideally a chipset driving directly a dumb LCD panel. Anyway I will
    investigate a little more...

    Thanks...

    Robert

    Robert Lacoste, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Thanks Lewin, but this one doesn't seems to support direct connection to LCD
    For people reading the NG - this discussion was continued in email.
    The RMS101's processor (LH79520) has direct drive for parallel
    TFT-LCDs built in. The designer of this particular board has put a DAC
    on them, but you could just as easily put an LVDS transmitter on them
    for modern LVDS LCD panels.

    Another good candidate (especially now the OP tells me it's for
    largish production) is the Compulab (Israel) ARMcore,
    www.compulab.co.il.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Sep 15, 2003
  5. How about a half-creditcard sized TQM823L PowerPC module? Power
    consumption is less thn 2 Watts worst case. Comes with U-Boot and
    Linux. RTAI supported. Microwindows running out of the box.

    See http://www.denx.de/re/TQM8xxL.html for some images

    Best regards,

    Wolfgang Denk

    Wolfgang Denk, Sep 16, 2003
  6. How about a half-creditcard sized TQM823L PowerPC module? Power
    It's a nice product, I would love to play with them. But I WISH YOU
    WOULD PUT SOME APPROXIMATE PRICING on your site! Even just the two
    extremes; "sample pricing $XXX, down to as low as $YYY in large
    volumes" would be a fantastic help.

    Lewin A.R.W. Edwards, Sep 16, 2003
  7. Robert Lacoste

    Ian Davidson Guest

    Both these boards can directly drive a 800x600 flat panel (digitally)
    and have the option of a touch-screen interface.

    http://www.arcom.com/products/icp/pc104/processors/VIPER.htm

    http://www.arcom.com/products/icp/pc104/processors/SBC_GX1.htm

    Cheers,

    Ian

    Ian Davidson, Sep 18, 2003

  8. You can also check out http://www.zendex.com they have a PC/104 board,
    which has a Linux version resident and bootable from flash. The LCD
    and backlight can be powered from the board.

    Good luck,

    Bob McWilliams

    Bob McWilliams, Sep 18, 2003
  9. Robert Lacoste

    ZO Guest

    As Lewin alluded to, the LH79520 can drive 800 x 600 TFT panels. The
    interface to these is direct. I know...I've tried it.

    Another SBC option is a Logic card engine that has Linux ported to it
    already. You can read more about these at:
    http://www.logicpd.com/eps/sharp/sharp_devkits.php

    You can buy the Zoom Starter Kits for $299 from distributors such as Future
    & Avnet. The Linux BSP is a free download you can get once you register
    which has alot of the Zaurus Apps (QT/Embedded, Konqueruer Browser) included
    in it. In addition, to make things easy, Logic has a 12.1" SVGA (800 x 600)
    display kit that will plug right into the Zoom Starter Kits. Read more on
    these at: http://www.logicpd.com/eps/peripherals.php

    Not quite sure how the LH79520 will perform with Linux & a SVGA display, but
    if it runs too slow, you can bump up to the LH7A400 (ARM9) Zoom Starter kit
    for $349. Not a bad deal!

    -ZO

    ZO, Sep 27, 2003