embedded discussion

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by madhav.vishwakarma, Jan 2, 2008.

  1. why risc requires one machine cycle?

    madhav.vishwakarma, Jan 2, 2008

  2. madhav.vishwakarma

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Do yout homework by yourself. Hint: Look up what RISC means.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Jan 2, 2008

  3. madhav.vishwakarma

    gfretwell Guest

    Because a half a cycle wouldn't get the job done?

    I assume you mean why to CISC machines need more. It is because of the
    complexity of one instruction on a CISC machine. That makes life
    easier for the programmer but it also slows down the machine.

    gfretwell, Jan 2, 2008