EMC buying VMware

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Yousuf Khan, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    Yousuf Khan, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Actually...no. It isn't *that* far outside of EMC's lines of business.

    One of EMC's core lines is NAS (Network-Attached Storage) and
    fraternal-twin SAN. Both treat network resources (especially storage
    devices) like so many plug-in appliances.

    Also, there is Microsoft's acquisition of Connectix
    (VirtualPC/VirtualMac) to consider. Microsoft can now roll out virtual
    terminals with ease (via Windows Terminal Services or a combination of
    VirtualPC and standard terminal software).

    I could put this as a *defensive acquisition*.

    Christopher L. Estep

    Christopher L. Estep, Jan 28, 2004