Empowering Technology software

Discussion in 'Acer' started by sobriquet, Dec 15, 2007.

  1. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    Hello.

    Does anyone know where to obtain the Empowering Technology software
    for an Acer Aspire M3610 Desktop PC?

    I've found out there is a separate and hidden PQSERVICE partition that
    is supposed to contain a recovery image, but I'm struggling to find
    the Acer Aspire software required to restore that recovery image.

    On the Acer website, it seems they only offer downloads for Veriton
    series Acer desktops, and not for the Aspire series desktops:

    http://support.acer-euro.com/empowering_technology/utility.html

    I've tried installing the version listed there;
    "Acer Empowering Technology Framework Version 2.2.4.37 (install this
    utility first)"
    and
    "Acer eRecovery Management Version 1.2.14.5", but that doesn't seem to
    work.

    Kind regards & thx in advance for any suggestions.

    sobriquet, Dec 15, 2007

  2. sobriquet

    sobriquet Guest

    This issue has been solved as well now.

    sobriquet, Dec 15, 2007

  3. sobriquet

    A Nother Guest

    You don't have a special 'e' button (in script) on your computer?

    A Nother, Dec 15, 2007