Emulex Fibre Channel Cards

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Nick Havard, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. Nick Havard

    Nick Havard Guest

    Hi

    I'm looking to put some fibre storage onto my Sun nodes, but don't know too
    much about it.

    I was thinking of using an A5200 or A5000 array. What 32 bit PCI cards can I
    use to connect to these. Will Emulex cards such as the LP8000 work.

    In order to use the array in a cluster (Sun Cluster 3.1) will I need to use
    a switch or can it support 2 nodes without. Ultimately I'd like to use more
    than two nodes, but I beleive I definitely need a switch for that.

    Are there any better options than the A5200 especially in the second hand
    market.

    I will be sourcing the components off eBay over the next few months, but
    finding compatibility information is rather challenging!
    --
    Regards

    Nick

    P.S. Remove xyz to reply