    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Brian

    Brian Covill, Oct 3, 2006

  2. Brian Covill

    Phil Guest

    Phil, Oct 3, 2006

  3. Brian Covill

    Brian Covill Guest

    Thanks a lot for the info. I just found the "Neowin" forum earlier this
    evening.

    I'll give it a shot.

    Brian

    Brian Covill, Oct 4, 2006
  4. Brian Covill

    Phil Guest

    It works. I used it, myself.

    -phil

    Phil, Oct 4, 2006
  5. Brian Covill

    Phil Guest

    It sounds like you may have goofed somewhere along the line. I can't stress
    enough that you need to follow the instructions to the letter. Did you
    properly edit the IMSM_PRE.inf file, replacing *all* instances of DEV_27C5
    with DEV_27C1?

    There's no reason why this should not work for you, when we have the very
    same mobo. All I can suggest is that you try again.

    -phil

    Phil, Oct 4, 2006
  6. Brian Covill

    Phil Guest

    Glad to hear that. Try benchmarking your drive with an app called HDTACH.
    Easy to find with Google.

    -phil

    Phil, Oct 5, 2006
  7. Brian Covill

    Brian Covill Guest

    Hi Phil,

    Well I tried this method and all I got was the dreaded Blue Screen and the
    computer kept rebooting until I went back into the BIOS and enabled my SATA
    drive as Standard IDE and Enhanced mode.

    I guess I better leave it alone for now. Any other suggestions?

    Thanks again,
    Brian

    Brian Covill, Oct 5, 2006
  8. Brian Covill

    Brian Covill Guest

    Hi Phil,

    It's working now. I missed inputing one "1". My fault.

    Thanks again for your help. I'm glad I didn't have to install XP again to
    enable this driver.

    Brian

    Brian Covill, Oct 5, 2006
  9. Brian Covill

    Tim S. Guest

    Tim S., Oct 7, 2006
  10. Brian Covill

    mhcofer

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Phil

    :D Hello Phil,
    I joined this form just to thank you personally for posting your information. I worked like a dog for a week trying to get the Asus P5W DH Deluxe to work in the AHCI mode. I tried to work with Asus Tech support to resolve the issue, but they are worthless. I was about ready to send the board back to the supplier when I read you post. I followed your direction to the letter and it worked! I cannot tell you how happy I was to finally see it work, it was a happy day. I thought about sending your link to Asus Tech support and decided not to. Asus need to struggle and dig up that information on their own. They really do not care about their customers. Thanks again for the information.

    mhcofer, Oct 20, 2006
  11. Brian Covill

    enclavesaga

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0

    okay, Phil and Mhco, I did what it says and SATA worked. Now it won't recoganize my IDE, doesn't even show up in windows. I am running a Seagate 320 SATA2 as system boot, another WD IDE as storage. How do i fix this?

    enclavesaga, Oct 26, 2006
  12. Brian Covill

    enclavesaga

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    yo, the last post should show up in the first page, the mod should fix this.

    enclavesaga, Oct 26, 2006