    however, i cannot seem to be able to activate the infra-red port.
    Would appreciate any suggestions! thanks in advance.
    jaap

    Jaap Vermeulen, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Jaap Vermeulen

    2StepLtd Guest

    Jaap,

    Not sure that this will help but activating the infra-red port on an
    omnibook 6000 running win2000, the first thing is to enable the port in the
    bios, then you should be able to configure it in win2000. You may have to
    have admin rights to accomplish the latter.

    Bill

    2StepLtd, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Thanks Bill, the infra-red port was indeed disabled in the BIOS. When
    I enabled it and started Windows, the "new hardware found" wizard
    appeared. However, this wizard was unable to locate a driver for the
    device. Does anyone know how I could windows to recognize the device?

    Jaap Vermeulen, Jul 9, 2003