Enabling LTE Lite Modem (was LTE 4/25c)

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by bigwalk, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. bigwalk

    bigwalk Guest

    I posted this as a new topic to possibly get input from any occasiona
    browsers

    Hi,

    Anonymous wrote:
    hello,

    those modems you mentioned are they external ones or internal ones,
    third party modems for the LTE Lite Series? never heard bout
    them...Anyways..if you insert an internal modem (such as the SpeedPA

    Modem) into the unit then you should check the BIOS (Press F10 right
    after the memory counting). Somewhere under Modem-Settings.
    Euro

    They are internal PCMCIA type 2 and fit in the card slot. Since bot
    sub-assemblies( just the guts of the LTE) had the same mode
    installed it must be a unit which works with the LTE Lite. The BIO
    lists

    System Board Serial Device..........................Com1, IRQ4
    Internal Modem/2nd Serial Device.................Com2, IRQ3
    Modem State...............................................Off
    Integrated Trackball.....................................Auto, IRQ15

    F4 config brings up...... Internal Modem/2nd Serial Device
    with "Com 2, IRQ3" hi-lited.

    When it boots to DOS it lists:

    C:>C:\Mouse\Mouse.exe
    and installs the Logitech Mouse Driver Release 6.44
    Then
    "Reading MOUSEDRV.ini initialization file
    Searching for mouse..........
    COM4 serial device found
    EGA/VGA connected
    Mouse driver installed

    C:\SET LMOUSE=C:\MOUSE "

    I don't have a serial mouse to try on Com 1 so I
    can't see if somehow the LMOUSE is hogging the IRQ
    but since the BIOS seems to recognize the modem
    before the LMouse is installed it seems unlikely.

    Does your LTE BIOS also show Modem State.....off
    when you boot up ? Is there some sort of modem driver
    install in your autoexec or config.sys files ?
    MSDOS has the generic Unimodem.inf file which mentions
    APEX but I imagine that it is only for W95.

    Thanks,
    BigWal

    bigwalk, Sep 29, 2005