    I'll stick to Intel chipset motherboards in future.....
    TIA

    *SiS 645dx =north bridge and SiS 962 =south bridge.

    Maya, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Maya

    Noel Paton Guest

    Noel Paton, Jan 1, 2005

  3. Maya

    Shep© Guest

    Try here,
    http://www.usbman.com/

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply
    email
    Free original songs to download and,"BURN" :O)

    Shep©, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Maya

    Paul Guest

    Verify that you have a SIS962 on the board. The Asus manual
    for the P4S533 mentions a 961b as the Southbridge. This page
    has a table that mentions what features are in each Southbridge.

    http://www.sis.com/products/chipsets/southbridge/96x.htm

    The P4S533-VM has a SIS962. Maybe you have the -VM or -MX board?

    I traced down a driver for this a while back.

    http://groups.google.ca/[email protected]

    Since the MSI link is dead, try installing this file. It appears
    to be an Orangeware driver, and would likely work with Win98SE.
    No guarantees of course.

    http://web.archive.org/web/20030311122726/http://download.msi.com.tw/support/dvr_exe/sisusb47.exe

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 4, 2005
  5. Maya

    Maya Guest

    Confirmed ! It _is_ a SiS "962" - Sorry I neglected to mention
    that the Motherboard is an Asus " P4S533-E "
    So Paul, does your advise still apply ?
    Thnx

    Maya, Jan 7, 2005