    I live in Seoul and am thinking about getting the new LG-IBM Tablet PC. Alas, it only comes with a Korean version of the Windows XP Tablet PC OS. Is it possible to buy the English Version of Windows XP Tablet PC so I could install it on the LG-IBM?

    Thanks!

    Michael

    mj_jacobson, Jun 22, 2004

  2. No - you'll have to ask the manufacturer to swap it out. There is no retail
    version of the Tablet OS, and UI packs can only be installed on a base
    English edition.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Jun 22, 2004

  3. mj_jacobson

    mj_jacobson Guest

    So is it possible to just use XP Pro on a Tablet PC? Is there a critical loss of functionality?

    I ask because my short experience with the LG-IBM was that it was the most impressive Tablet PC hardware I've seen (fast, thin, and light), and since I can get it in Seoul now, I'd rather not wait for a year for the U.S. IBM version to come out.

    Thanks for all thoughts!

    mj_jacobson, Jun 22, 2004
  4. mj_jacobson

    Chris H. Guest

    Sure, you can do that, but you will NOT have Tablet PC enhanced performance.
    You'll have a "laptop" instead. Contact the manufacturer to see if they'll
    furnish an English language version of their product for you.

    Chris H., Jun 22, 2004
  5. You will end up with a laptop, unable to use any of the unique Tablet
    features including the digitizers, handwriting & speech recognition, or
    input panel, Journal etc.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Jun 22, 2004