Enhancing Web Video W/Current Geforces?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Ed Light, Oct 22, 2012.

  1. Ed Light

    Ed Light Guest

    Awhile back I got a geforce GT 240 and found that it's sharpening and
    contrast enhancements did not reach web videos. I sent it back for a
    Radeon 4670, which works perfectly. In the latest drivers, you have to
    turn this on - the default is off.

    The Radeon reaches most videos, certainly Flash videos, but not itunes
    or Netflix (MS Silverlight). It reaches youtube, Hulu, almost everything.

    The Radeon has a setting where half the screen is enhanced, so it's easy
    to tell when it's working. But you can tell by turning stuff on and off
    during a video.

    My question is, do/can current geforces apply their visual enhancements
    including sharpening and dynamic contrast to web videos? Do older ones
    like the 240 do it with current drivers?

    Thanks.
    --
    Ed Light

    Better World News TV Channel:
    http://realnews.com

    Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
    http://ivaw.org
    http://couragetoresist.org
    http://antiwar.com

    Send spam to the FTC at