    other PC.

    Experiences with this board? Good or Bad? Any tips as to peculiar
    things about this MB? Thanks for your help.

    TomF, Apr 29, 2004

  2. TomF

    Fish Guest

    I'd suggest going to the epox support forum at aoaforums.com and running
    a search against "4PCA3+". Put this all on one line:

    http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=93f9268e6a5a5b51d0fab31390beb2f6&forumid=27

    This is what I did and the posts seem to throw up most issues that might
    concern a buyer. None were crucial to me, so I went ahead and got a
    second-hand version 1.2. I'm running Linux on it using two hard disks.
    Anyway, the board and the highpoint controller just sit there
    uncomplaining and work 24/7 which is all I want. Board came in four
    versions: 1, 1.2, 2 and 2.2. Versions 1 and 2 sound buggy to me and not
    so attractive. Version 2.2 is probably the one retailers would now stock.

    :)

    Fish

    Fish, Apr 29, 2004

  3. TomF

    EPoX Tech Guest

    EPoX Tech, Apr 29, 2004
  4. TomF

    Jim Guest

    Not a bad board IMO Tom, I have had an issue with updating my bios, and the
    problem seems to stem from my 80GB Seagate drive, I know they have a bios
    fix for it but it don't work for me, so I gave drive to mate with same board
    and gave him same problems as well, so just going to use that as spare in
    2nd machine and get another WD which I have no problems with, apart from
    that problem it's been fine for me most of the time.

    Jim, Apr 30, 2004