    to and not to do with this motherboard would be great. P.S. Since this is
    going to be for someone else, I won't be overclocking. Can you make custom
    boot-up screens with this motherboard and is it easy to do?

    Travis King, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Travis King

    Ykalon Guest

    Travis King wrote:
    > What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do not
    > plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB ports right?
    > It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't it? Any advice on what
    > to and not to do with this motherboard would be great. P.S. Since this is
    > going to be for someone else, I won't be overclocking. Can you make custom
    > boot-up screens with this motherboard and is it easy to do?

    Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
    It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
    make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector on
    the board you can use for your front ports.

    Ykalon, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Travis King

    Travis King Guest

    Ykalon wrote:
    > Travis King wrote:
    >> What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do
    >> not plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB
    >> ports right? It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't
    >> it? Any advice on what to and not to do with this motherboard would
    >> be great. P.S. Since this is going to be for someone else, I won't
    >> be overclocking. Can you make custom boot-up screens with this
    >> motherboard and is it easy to do?

    > Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
    > It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
    > make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
    > on the board you can use for your front ports.

    According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the I
    is new?
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-123-225&depa=0
    I guess epox has a page for the I too.
    http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

    Travis King, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Travis King

    DaveL Guest

    I just built a system for my brother last weekend with an 8KDA3J. Very
    nice. I wish it was mine. The hardest part was figuring out the new A64
    retension mechanism. Then there was the cool and quiet thing.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Dec 14, 2004
  5. Travis King

    Travis King Guest

    "DaveL" <> wrote in message
    >I just built a system for my brother last weekend with an 8KDA3J. Very
    > nice. I wish it was mine. The hardest part was figuring out the new A64
    > retension mechanism. Then there was the cool and quiet thing.
    >
    > DaveL
    >

    > "Travis King" <> wrote in message
    >> Ykalon wrote:
    >> > Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
    >> > It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
    >> > make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
    >> > on the board you can use for your front ports.

    >> According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the
    >> is new?
    >>

    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-123-225&depa=0
    >> I guess epox has a page for the I too.
    >> http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

    Could you give me advice on that? This will be my first install of an A64 -
    I've always used XP's before that.

    Travis King, Dec 14, 2004
  6. Travis King

    Ykalon Guest

    Travis King wrote:
    > Ykalon wrote:
    >
    >>Travis King wrote:
    >>
    >>>What are the common issues with this motherboard? (EP-8KDA3I) I do
    >>>not plan on using SATA. It does have a place to plug in front USB
    >>>ports right? It will work without a floppy drive connected, won't
    >>>it? Any advice on what to and not to do with this motherboard would
    >>>be great. P.S. Since this is going to be for someone else, I won't
    >>>be overclocking. Can you make custom boot-up screens with this
    >>>motherboard and is it easy to do?

    >>Guess you mean 8KDA3J?
    >>It works withou a floppy you can disable it in the BIOS. and you can
    >>make your own boot-up screens with Magic BIOS. There is USB connector
    >>on the board you can use for your front ports.

    > According to newegg.com, there's an 8KDA3I and a 8KDA3J. Apparently the I
    > is new?
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-123-225&depa=0
    > I guess epox has a page for the I too.
    > http://www.epox.com/usa/product.asp?id=EP-8KDA3I

    In case you wonder the difference is that J has ALC850 (8 channel sound)
    and Gigabit LAN.

    Ykalon, Dec 15, 2004
  7. Travis King

    Travis King Guest

    OK.

    Travis King, Dec 15, 2004
  8. Travis King

    DaveL Guest

    > "DaveL" <> wrote in message
    > >I just built a system for my brother last weekend with an 8KDA3J. Very
    > > nice. I wish it was mine. The hardest part was figuring out the new

    A64
    > > retension mechanism. Then there was the cool and quiet thing.
    > >
    > > DaveL

    > Could you give me advice on that? This will be my first install of an

    A64 -
    > I've always used XP's before that.

    What exactly do you want to know? The retension mechanism? You hook on
    both clips and then you turn the lever down. I did not see a way to lock it
    down but it seemed to stay.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Dec 15, 2004