EP-8KRAI Pro help

Discussion in 'Epox' started by golfer12787, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. golfer12787

    golfer12787 Guest

    golfer12787, Apr 10, 2006

  2. golfer12787

    DaveL Guest

    No power at all? I mean no fans turning? Check the switch on the back of
    the power supply.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Apr 10, 2006

  3. golfer12787

    golfer12787 Guest

    ya there is absolutely nothing cranking when i hit the power button i
    checked the power supply by switching it to a known good machine and
    it is ok so i am thinking it is just a cable mix up or something.

    golfer12787, Apr 11, 2006
  4. golfer12787

    Graham W Guest

    It most likely is a cable mix up.

    If you can continuity test the switch on the front panel and then the
    end that plugs on to the m/board it will verify that the switch is working
    and that the cable at the m/board it the right (or wrong!) one.

    If that seems OK then try bridging the two pins on the m/board with
    a link or even a screwdriver - it only needs a touch and the m/board
    should latch the signal and pass the info to the PSU via the main
    20/22 way connector. Don't leave the link on or else the PSU may
    not shutdown when you want it to. Or start and then shutdown again!

    HTH

    Graham W, Apr 11, 2006
  5. golfer12787

    golfer12787 Guest

    ok here is something new....on my motherboard manual there is
    section for the jumpers in the system and it showed there to be
    default jumper in and there wasn't so after i put one in thi
    came on but only for a brief second. So does this mean that th
    power button connections are right and that it is just somethin
    else. Any more advice would be great

    golfer12787, Apr 11, 2006
  6. golfer12787

    Graham W Guest

    This jumper disconnects the CMOS battery to preserve its charge
    while the board is in its box and travelling around the world.
    This symptom usually means that the PSU can't keep up with the
    power demand. But it could be a faulty PSU. I know you tried it in
    another computer and it seemed ok.

    What is the rating of the PSU?

    Graham W, Apr 12, 2006