  1. EP45-UD3L Running 32-bit XP.

    Can I Use A 3-TB Drive? (not as system, just a data drive for
    my media center app)

    (PeteCresswell), Jul 28, 2012

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    Paul Guest

    You either use the special driver provided by the disk manufacturer
    (which makes several virtual hard drives, each virtual hard
    drive smaller than 2.2TB). Or, you use GUID partitioning and
    the disk is non-bootable. It shouldn't be a function of the
    motherboard particularly, if you just want a data-only drive.
    Things get more interesting, if it must boot.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUID_Partition_Table

    The best place to study the issues, might be to start
    on the disk manufacturer's page for your 3TB drive. As they
    may have FAQs or tutorials, and downloads, to make the most
    of your drive.

    The "special driver" idea is fine, if you stick with one
    OS, but may not be as useful if you boot a variety of
    OSes.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 29, 2012