    smooth as silk. Though it is more than five years old, this is still a VERY demanding game on every
    part of your system.

    My hat is off to Epox for manufacturing such a solid and dependable board.

    Todd, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Todd

    MagicUK Guest

    yep my first epox board (AMD chipset)! now have the 8rda+ (Nvidia Chipset)
    convinced the bios to read it as

    MagicUK, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Todd

    Todd Guest

    It looks like I spoke a tad too soon :(

    I'm getting random lockups with the 2400+. Anyone else have similar problems with their 8k7a?

    Todd, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Todd

    Todd Guest

    A little more info.

    The screen simply freezes. The mouse won't move and ctl-alt-del does absolutely nothing. This is
    strange because I am running WinXP, which is suppose to keep everything in its own memory address
    space. To get it going again I have to hit the reset button and have the machine reboot.

    Sometimes the screen freezes if I have been away from the PC for a few hours. I'll come back and the
    monitor won't come out of its sleep mode. So I disabled the monitor sleep mode and the screen then
    just freezes solid all by itself after a few hours.

    Any ideas?

    Todd, Aug 8, 2003
  5. Todd

    SimMike- Guest

    If you have hardware problems, Windows XP, or any operating system, will do a
    hard lock just like you describe. Sometimes massive driver problems can cause
    the same type of problems. You might try swapping your PCI cards. I had the same
    type of problem with an SIS chip set mainboard with onboard video. Just would do
    total lockups at random times. Luckily this mainboard had an AGP slot and I was
    able to fix the problem by getting a cheapo ATI Radeon video card.

    One thing which I absolutely hate that is sure to send my computer into terminal
    lockup problems is when the computer can't quite read a CD or DVD, say a DVD
    that has a smudge on it. For some reason Windows just can't deal with type of
    problem gracefully and it more or less locks up, sometimes not totally, but
    enough that all the resources are going to the DVD or CD player so you can't do
    anything else. You would think the OS would be smart enough to just give up and
    say disk is unreadable or whatever.

    SimMike-, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Todd

    John Guest

    Are you using a recent nVidia video card? I am having bad experiences with a
    couple of nVidia cards and the detonator ver 44 drivers. All the things you
    describe and more in a couple of units. I have ATI cards on order, that
    seems to be the fix.
    John

    John, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Todd

    Todd Guest

    Thanks for your reply John.

    I am running an ATI Radeon 7200 64 DDR Vivo.

    I increased the voltage to the memory by 0.1 volts and that seems to have settled everything down.
    It has been running just fine for a day and a half now, so hopefully the whole system is in harmony
    :)

    Todd, Aug 10, 2003