Epox 8KHA+ and Radeon 9500 = does not boot

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Heiko Dolle, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Heiko Dolle

    Heiko Dolle Guest

    Hi,
    I have a 8KHA+ and bought a Club3D Radeon 9500 non pro (old Layout - 8
    layers).
    Without additional power connector, the system boots and the correct error
    message show up.
    When i connect the card to the power supply, the system does not boot up at
    all - CPU fan runs for about a half second and thats all - dead. Reset does
    not help anything.
    I have a CWT 300W power supply (20A - 3,3V, 30A - 5V) and never had problems
    with it, i can even overclock my TB 1700+ to about 2 Ghz.
    To resolve the error, i:
    - removed all cards and devices
    - made a Bios update for the mainboard
    - showed if the card fits corretly its slot
    - tested with different power cables
    - made a CMOS clear, tried some different Bios settings
    - underclocked the CPU
    Any help would be appreciated!
    (Sorry for my english, probably its not perfect)
    Thanks,
    Heiko

    Heiko Dolle, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Heiko Dolle

    Steven Guest

    Probably your 300w psu is a bit "thinn" for this card especially depending
    on how many devices u have powred in your system - test with a 400-450w
    psu....

    Steven, Jul 11, 2003

  3. I doubt it. I have a 300W psu on my 8kHA+ with a 9700Pro. That psu
    has 12A on the +12V rail. Not really all that much but enough for my
    system: CDwrite, DVDrom, 2x HDD, 2* 512MB, XP1800+, 9700Pro, USB
    printer, usb scanner, usb tablet.

    PSU's can cause problems, but they are targetet as the cause far too
    often nowadays.

    It seems more likely to me that there is something wrong with the
    connector on the card that short-circuits something or anything like
    that.

    Marc de Vries, Jul 11, 2003