Epox 8RDA+ died after 14 months bad capacitors for Epox-Tech

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Michel Weijts, Sep 4, 2004.

  1. I have a question.

    My board EP-8RDA+ is produced during month 1 of 2003 Sticker on Mainboard

    I know about the story about bad capacitors for a few years (4).

    Everytime i see a mainboard (Epox or Other)with leaking capacitors its the
    same manufacturer of the capacitors.

    Why is Epox still using them !!!

    And another question which boards have all these bad capacitors.
    And what about warrenty-time about leaking capacitors will Epox repair them
    also after 3 years.
    I asked this because my dealer said Epox-NL had to inspect the bord first
    before replacement.

    Previous boards PII/PIII/K6-2/Socket7 and before NEVER had leaking
    capacitors also not after 10 years of usage

    Michel

    BTW my board produced on month one of 2004 are other capacitors.

    Michel Weijts, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Their cheap EVIL, Bastards.

    Heard all the bad stuff and went Abit NF7-S 2.0 have not looked back
    :p

    HELLO NURSE.

    Orbital Defence, Sep 8, 2004

  3. I am not exactly sure what you're question is (the questioin about
    EPOX repairing your MB after 3 years was hypothetical, right?)

    I had a board (almost) the same batch. My dealer said he already 38 of
    the 50 sold come back with leaking caps.
    It took EPOX NL almost 3 months to repair them. Fortunately I got a
    replacement board from my dealer (maxpert.nl)
    Unfortunately EPOX only repaired the leaking caps, so now after 2
    months I have the same problem again with the remaining caps.

    I will requist a new board this time, else this has been my last EPOX
    board.

    If you want to know which board are more or less OK you might want to
    look at http://www.badcaps.com/

    Good luck

    Peter

    Peter

    Peter Oosterhoff, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Michel Weijts

    CJT Guest

    FWIW, I had a similar experience. In my case their fix of the bad caps
    was quick and professional, but another cap failed soon after it came
    back.

    CJT, Sep 8, 2004

  5. I think it is ridiculous. If they know the whole batch of caps is bad,
    why not replace all of them with ones that they know to be good?
    They are not doing themselves or their customers a service.
    Peter

    Peter Oosterhoff, Sep 8, 2004