Epox 8RDA+ with Pinnacle PCTV *no go*

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Petteri Tuominen, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Hey,

    Anyone experienced the same problem? I have just bought a 8RDA+ with a 2500+
    Barton, did a fresh install of WinXP pro, service pack, nForce drivers.. and
    then tried to install Pinnacle's PCTV software. The driver installation
    completes with a problem, "device cannot start" or something, suggesting
    resource conflicts.

    This sucks big time, as having tried seven or eight different TV cards, I
    found the PCTV to be the best damn TV-card out there. Now I discover I can't
    use it with my Epox board! DAMNNN. I checked out Pinnacle support forums,
    said "nForce chipsets had not passed their tests" and at the moment they're
    not supported.

    Has anyone got a Pinnacle PCTV card working with EPOX 8RDA? If so, how, and
    what version of Windows?
    Anyone have info on a possible driver / bios release that might make things
    work?

    cheers

    PT

    Petteri Tuominen, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Petteri Tuominen

    Hellraiser Guest

    Using a PCTV Rave here, with the 5.50 drivers on a 8RDA+ (v2.0) with latest
    (3609) bios. No problems at all, only about 5 frames dropped in a 1 hour
    capture.

    Hellraiser............>

    Hellraiser, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Petteri Tuominen

    Nitza666 Guest

    Iam using also a Pinnacle PCTV at PCI 4 manually assign IRQ 9.

    Nitza666, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Petteri Tuominen

    SimMike- Guest

    I usually don't manually assign IRQ to particular slots because it never works
    anyway.

    SimMike-, Jul 25, 2003
  5. Petteri Tuominen

    Nitza666 Guest

    I always assign IRQs sign i always turn off ACPI.

    Nitza666, Jul 25, 2003