EPOX 8RDA3+ does not wake up from standy!

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Reinhard Plietsch, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Hi Epox community,

    my new 8RDA3+powers down into standby very easily, but it does not come back
    again: IDE activity LED lights up, post code FF on the board, but black
    screen and no further resume progress. My system is Windows XP Home.

    I didn't have any similar problems with my 8KTA3+ before...

    My components:

    Athlon XP 2400+
    512MB ram
    Radeon 9700
    Seagate Barracuda IV disk
    CDROM drive
    DVD drive
    SB Live! Player 1024
    Enermax EN365 power supply

    Any thoughts or similar experiences?

    Thanks in advance,
    best regards,
    Reinhard

    Reinhard Plietsch, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Reinhard Plietsch

    John Guest

    | Hi Epox community,
    |
    | my new 8RDA3+powers down into standby very easily, but it does not come
    back
    | again: IDE activity LED lights up, post code FF on the board, but black
    | screen and no further resume progress. My system is Windows XP Home.
    |
    | I didn't have any similar problems with my 8KTA3+ before...
    |
    | My components:
    |
    | Athlon XP 2400+
    | 512MB ram
    | Radeon 9700
    | Seagate Barracuda IV disk
    | CDROM drive
    | DVD drive
    | SB Live! Player 1024
    | Enermax EN365 power supply
    |
    | Any thoughts or similar experiences?
    |
    | Thanks in advance,
    | best regards,
    | Reinhard

    Fairly common in my experience, all recent versions of Windows and makes of
    boards and fairly unpredictable. I assume that you have correctly set up
    power saving on the screen properties window. I find that some will wake up
    if they have have only just gone to sleep, but afer an hour or so, nothing
    will bring them back to life. I have one out of 3 systems here that I cannot
    use standby. Hibernate is even more risky.

    John

    John, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Reinhard Plietsch

    Gary Blevins Guest

    Hey Richard,
    You aren't OC'ing the FSB and RAM are you?
    I had that issue untill I lowered the FSB a little and loosened the RAM
    timings.

    Gary

    Gary Blevins, Oct 29, 2003